WHY DRY HAIR HAPPENS
There are many reasons for having dry hair. You may have inherited genes that cause your scalp to not produce enough sebum which is a scalp oil your body secretes naturally. Quite often the condition is our own doing, and our hair care and styling habits have upset the balance of sebum in our hair.
A sebum oil layer protects hair normally, and without of this layer the hair will have no shine, become hard to comb and be brittle like straw. When the oil layer is damaged the layers under the hair are rough rather than smooth and even. This roughness allows water to escape from the hair and causes hair dries out. Using the right products for this hair type will stop it from drying out. These products have conditioners like Aloe Vera and Shea butter, which bring back smoothness to the oil layer to keep moisture in the hair. In addition, the increased natural oil will make it easier to comb the hair.
HOW TO CARE FOR DRY HAIR
1. Do not wash your dry hair every day! Each shampooing removes protective lipids from the hair. As a rule, wash your dry hair rarely and only as necessary
2. Treat your hair to a cure at least once a week. Such hair treatments will provide your dry hair with a lot of moisture and seal the hair surface with conditioning oils
3. Elbow grease: Regular scalp massages improve the blood flow to the scalp and stimulate the sebum secretion
4. Do not wash your hair with excessively hot water because it strips your hair of natural substances. It is best to set the temperature control between tepid and moderately warm. As a finishing touch you should rinse the longer part of your hair with cool water. This will make your hair smooth and shiny
HOW TO STYLE DRY HAIR
1. NEVER style your hair with alcohol-containing products! Alcohol in hair sprays, foaming products and gels dry out your hair drastically. NO ALCOHOL = GOOD FOR DRY HAIR
2. Inspect all your hair brushes & combs. Small burrs from wear & tear in comb teeth or brush bristles will damage your hair & scalp as you run it over them repeatedly so many times.
3. ONLY detangle your damp hair using a WIDE comb or by gently running your fingers through it. When hair is wet or damp it is at it’s weakest and especially prone to damage
4. Never heat-style your hair without hair protection! Hair straightening and hair dryers remove its moisture! You should air-dry your hair as often as possible. Remember to look for a heat guard setting before purchasing hair dryer. The protection against overheating is a crucial feature
BEST PRODUCTS FOR DRY HAIR
Use only products, which are ALCOHOL FREE & especially made for dry hair. The proper products contain less of the ingredients that dry your hair out and more moisture adding ingredients.