WHAT CAUSES OILY HAIR
Oily hair is actually nothing more than the result of your bodies natural process. Your scalp & roots has glands which secrete a substance called sebum. Sebum is an oil that keeps hair healthy & smooth, however to much sebum causes oily hair. Oily hair can be a serious problem that clogs roots causing hair loss, dandruff & unmanageable hair. The causes for oily hair are genetics, unhealthy eating habits, medications, hair products, weather changes, hormone fluctuations or longer periods of stress.
HOW TO CARE FOR OILY HAIR
2. Wash your hair with LUKEWARM or cold water, hot water opens up the poors & stimulates oil glands causing your hair to get oily extra fast.
3. Use conditioning products sparingly, conditioners are used to replace natural oils that may have been lost while washing your hair, however if your hair can naturally produce oil then there is no need to add more product to make your hair greasier.’
4. Use a healing earth cure package once every two weeks. Healing earth treatments absorbs large amounts of fatty oils & are a great tool to helping your scalp start to self regulate its oil production.
5. Wash your hair early in the day. Sebaceous glands do most of their work at night.
6. DO NOT USE products containing proteins or lipid-replenishing substances such as oils or silicon! They only make a difficult situation worse by weighing the hair down & making it even fattier than before.
7. AVOID: Braiding Your Hair, Tight Head Gear, and Wearing Hats.
BEST PRODUCTS FOR OILY HAIR
Try to stick to a shampoo you can easily see through, if a shampoo looks milky or creamy it most likely isn’t the best for your oily hair. Special shampoos for greasy hair contain ingredients that slow down the distribution of oil over the hair. These products will restore the balanced production of your oil glands. Herbs like horsetail, rosemary, coltsfoot, the stinging nettle, chamomile & salvia regulate the sebum production & quiet the scalp.
HOW TO STYLE OILY HAIR
DO NOT USE a hair brush! Brushing will only distribute the oil from your scalp throughout your hair. Combing gently to remove tangles with a wide tooth comb will work just as well without spreading the oil.
DO NOT USE styling tools that cause a lot of heat. Flat Irons, Blowdryers, Curling Irons will all cause your hair to become oily. The reason is when the heat gets close the scalp it opens up your oil glands & they start producing oil like crazy! If you do need to use one of these tools try to keep it away from your scalp.